Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas

I find myself unable to improve on last year's Christmas post, Lights, Please, which is one of my favourite things I've posted on here and so, of course, drew absolutely no response from anybody. Oh well. Go check it out again, if you like. The bored reader may find diversion from trying to identify the sources of all those quotes and stuff (some are obvious; some hopelessly obscure).

I've fallen a little bit behind on The Legionnaires and Continuity Notes, but I should have something up soon. Plus of course there are a couple of comics to review next Friday--Jim Shooter and part 3 of the Action arc!

Anyway. Best wishes of the season to all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! What fun.

"Deck The Halls", "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "Miracle and Other Christmas Stories" by Connie Willis and Brian Thomsen, "Have A Holly Jolly Christmas", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Making Christmas" from "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Carol of the Bells", "A Pinky & The Brain Christmas Special" (wonderful!), "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow", (stumped), "Blue Christmas", "We Need A Little Christmas", "Jingle Bell Rock", "Oi To The World" (awesome), "Christmas Is All Around" (based on "Love Is All Around" by the Trogs), "Hark The Herald Angels Sing", "This Christmas", "The Little Drummer Boy", "The Christmas Song", "Christmas Vacation", "Twas The Night Before Christmas", "Christmas Comes But Once A Year", "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", "The Tick Loves Santa" (cool), "The Huron Carol", "Christmas In Hollis" (good one), "All I Want For Christmas Is You", "Silver Bells", "Run Rudolph Run" (not you Gulianai, Drop Out Rudolph Drop Out), "O Holy Night", "The Twelve Days Of Christmas", "A Christmas Carol", "Count Your Blessings", "Happy X-Mas (War Is Over)", "We Three Kings", (stumped), "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

All but two. Not bad. Okay, I cheat horribly. How about this one:

...A beer in a tree!...

Cheers

12:21 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

A very creditable effort... although you skipped over '...we can watch the snow fall for ever and ever...', and I got '...Christmas Day will always be, just so long as we have we...' from somewhere else.

...A beer in a tree!...

Come, come, my good man. You know my country of origin.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Reboot said...

And Merry X-Mass #2011 to you too :)

PS: No, I haven't forgotten about that thing you e-mailed me about doing before. I just haven't had the chance yet. I *will* get to it, honest :)

10:20 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Thanks. No rush; whenever you have time.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home