Sunday, June 05, 2011

Yeah, Like I'm So Sure These Are Legion Sketches

More Legion-related sketch art from the collection of Sarcasm Kid. He actually sent me a whole bunch of these but I don't want to put them all up at once, so here's a couple.

These are both by famous inker Bob Wiacek. First, Celeste Rockfish:



Next, Cary Wren, who isn't exactly a Legion character, but close enough:



Sometimes I wish I could draw like that. Look at them: obviously quick sketches, miles from a finished product, but they're both looking right off the page at you.

Still also wish Celeste had been developed more as a character.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Brainy Pirate said...

Congrats on being the featured blog over at CBR!!http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/06/04/a-month-of-comic-book-sites-legion-abstract/

10:26 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Thanks! Brian Cronin gave me an excellent writeup, too; really took the time to convey what I think I'm up to here.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. :)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

I'd like to thank the Legion Academy...

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about all the little people you had to step on your way up?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

The Imskians? I'm counting on the Braalians to finish them off.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Still also wish Celeste had been developed more as a character.

The whole bit with Cham and Celeste sniping at one another (just before Roxxas shows up to waste everybody) is adorable. Granted, it's pointless for me to say that's my favorite 5YG bit when so far I've only read about three nonconsecutive issues of 5YG, but...

More superheroes need snarky drinking buddies.

-- cleome45

10:04 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Levitz really turned Cham into a great character, and Giffen and the Bierbaums were able to just pick him up and use him as is. I'd like to see that Cham again.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know. :(

He looks great in the current incarnation, but from a character standpoint... Just. No.

I really wasn't at all happy with the whole not-suitably-benighted-savages angle that Levitz took with the other Durlans. Maybe I've gotten more demanding in my old age or something, but if that was supposed to show Cham and Yera in a positive light --as they "corrected" their own people on behalf of capital-C Civilization-- it failed miserably. For me.

-- cleome45

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home